2013 Top 10 ListJolie (Crucial Chaos)
- all dogs - "split with slouch"
- hoax - "hoax"
- my bloody valentine - "mbv"
- nuclear spring - "12""
- quasi - "mole city"
- brainbombs - "disposal of a dead body"
- william onyeabor - "i am william onyeabor"
- juanita y los feos - "split with juventud juché "
- tollund men - "virbius abstract"
- radiator hospital - "something wild"
top 10 singles from top 40:
(aka other songs i listened to on the radio that wasnt wnyu i literally feel more informed on music from hot 97 than i do with any new "punk" releases or w/e so these are perhaps better picks)
VSOP- k michelle
mirrors- justin timberlake
collared greens- schoolboy q and kendrick lamar
type of way- rich homie quan
bound 2- kanye
no new friends- drake and dj khaled
anything lil wayne
any song nicki minaj is on obviously
new juicy j album
new j cole album s/o to crooked smile the best track which is abt institutionalized racism in the us via the prison industrial complex/war on drugs and fuqed up notions of beauty for women
anything from beyoncé the visual album!!!!! esp partition, pretty hurts, drunk in love etc. but literally the whole thing and all the videos its so good
A$AP rocky = hottest person alive in 2k13
One word to describe 2013: breezy
A prediction for next year: graduate by third eye blind